This sacred space was designed and built by Louis Chauvin II, a local sugar maker, architect, and Civil War veteran in 1875. It was constructed from top to bottom in local cypress highlighting the Gothic Revival style. Additions of the transepts and sacristy were added in 1900. The frame structure suffers from neglect and incoming water damage. Community members are working to establish a new non-profit to establish renovation plans and fundraisers.