Originally built as a bank in 1902, it features ornate details such as the recessed Romanesque arched entry. It was listed on the National Register in 1990 and opened as a museum that same year. In the fall of 2020, the building was impacted by hurricane damage. Repairs include repairing or replacing all windows, a new roof, and other updates. The museum is actively fundraising but needs additional support to keep their space open and safe.