This church’s congregation was originally known as The First Colored Baptist Church, established on April 23, 1866 with leadership from seventy-three former slaves. In 1871, the congregation changed its name to Antioch Baptist Church. The congregation commissioned N.S. Allen to design this sanctuary that was completed in 1903. The structure was restored in 2000 but today is challenged with dwindling congregation numbers as well as water infiltration. Local partners hope to restore the building again to maintain a safe and healthy building as a community asset.